The Many Benefits of Acupuncture
Have you tried acupuncture yet? It can change your life! If you haven’t tried it, I invite you to consider booking a treatment. Needles can be scary, but the thing about acupuncture is that the needles so thin that you can barely feel them at all; and the benefits of acupuncture are many and far outweigh what little prick you may (or may not) feel!
Acupuncture is used not only as treatment for ailments and injuries, but it is also used as a general wellness technique to reduce stress, give you more energy, open your mind and so much more.
If you’re new to acupuncture, you may not understand the benefits. With this in mind, we’ve compiled a list to help you better understand how acupuncture can improve your well-being:
- Acupuncture Reduces Stress – Acupuncture is well-known for lowering stress. It helps take the edge off by mellowing out the nervous system, helping us become better prepared to manage things that normally create stress in our daily lives.
- Acupuncture Gives You Energy – Many have reported feeling a relaxed meditative state during acupuncture treatment. As a result, they feel a post-treatment “zing” that gives them more energy in the hours, days and even weeks following treatment.
- Acupuncture Helps You Sleep – If you suffer from insomnia, either chronic or sporadic, acupuncture can help! Regular treatments have been reported to be very effective for some who have not been able to find relief with medications and other western solutions.
- Acupuncture Builds Self-Awareness – Everything is connected. If one part of you hurts, it may be as a result of something else going on in the body. Acupuncture helps you broaden your awareness of those connections and how they affect you and your general well-being.
- Acupuncture Boosts the Immune System – Acupuncture strengthens your immune system and helps prevent illness and injury by helping to build resistance to disease. Through regular visits, acupuncture helps strengthen the reserves of your immune system preventing the need for reactive treatments after illness and injuries happen.
- Acupuncture Increases Patience – Human beings are impatient. Society’s pressures and the instant gratification mentality breeds impatience in our day to day lives. Because acupuncture is not an overnight, instant solution, it requires an investment of time and willingness to let go of our “I want it now” attitude. Through this process, patience grows.
- Acupuncture Helps Relieve Headaches – Acupuncture is an effective treatment for migraines and tension headaches. Treatment dilates blood vessels to help increase blood flow in the body. Tension in the neck and upper back is common in people who suffer from migraines; acupuncture is used to help decrease this muscle tension to help prevent chronic migraines.
Risks of Acupuncture
Although acupuncture is considered to be generally safe, there are some risks. The use of non-sterile needles can cause infection. And needles that are inserted too far can cause damage by puncturing organs or other unintentional areas.
To avoid such risks, ensure that you visit a well-trained, certified practitioner. Our in-house certified acupuncturist, Kat Ao, would be happy to introduce you to acupuncture. Call us today or schedule an appointment with her online.